Sunki the Service Animal

Sunki the Service Animal

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Civic Holiday tomorrow

Daddy thought it would be a good idea to explain why tomorrow is so important in this city and province.

Here in Ontario, and Toronto especially the civic holiday is called Simcoe day. John Graves Simcoe was the founder of York (Toronto), and the first Lieutenant-Governor of Upper-Canada (Ontario). This year is even more special being it's the 200th anniversary of the war of 1812.

Tomorrow me and daddy are headed to a very important place in Toronto's history, Fort York, which is one of daddy's all time favorite historic sites.
Daddy (he's the short one to the right), then daddy's cousin, and my Uncle Nick. The uniforms they are wearing were made by my great grand mom.
This picture was taken at the CNE (Canadian National Exhibition).

I can't wait until tomorrow, and the cannons and muskets they don't scare me. I am after all a military brat, and things like that don't scare me anymore. And learning about history can be fun, and we'll post loads of pictures tomorrow.

The two new ratlets are settling in nicely, daddy held his hand out and Donovan put his front paws on daddy's hand and licked it. A sure sign that at least Donovan is coming to see daddy as his daddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment